Monday, April 12, 2010

I {heart} Desserts


I feel that I must begin this post with a disclaimer. I did not choose this photo so I could suck up to the judge. Although, who wouldn't want to suck up to Bakerella? While I have many skills, photography really isn't one of them. I love to edit pictures, but I wish I didn't have to ALL the time. Also, the entry info said to post your BEST ever photo of a dessert, and I am pretty sure this is it. So, here it is - the picture that I got from sheer dumb luck, (and a really great cupcake pop tutorial. See? This is sucking up) no editing involved.
(Click the photo to see a larger view)
Try not to notice the stove in the background. Do try to notice the awesome chocolate swirl. At least the background is blurry, which I have a really hard time doing with my plain old point and shoot digital camera. Help, anyone? I use a casio exilim ex-s880.

Now travel back to I {Heart} Faces to see some more delicious desserts.

9 comments:

  1. those look delicious. and getting the blurred background affect with a point and shoot was something that frustrated me beyond belief. i couldn't figure out how to do it, but in adobe photoshop i just turned the picture into a layer, duplicated the layer. on the top layer i used a 'soft focus' and 'gausian blur'

    then i used the eraser tool to erase the parts that i wanted in focus because the bottom layer shows through the erased parts. it worked out okay, but i never perfected it.

    good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY...these look great and fun to eat!!

    Heather T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a point and shoot too and tried to get the background blurry... I have no real trick...I just took a TON of pictures until my camera focused on what I wanted it to.

    Delicious looking desert. yummmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look yummy, I have been wanting to try make some of those for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Use the Marco setting, the photo i used for this week is taken with a point and shot, i don't even have a deffernt camara :(

    Love those lollie pop cupcakes. I made ones that look like bees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks SO yummy. i need to make some of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How delish is that? I wish I had known about these when my boy was young enough for me to bring in treats for his birthday. THESE would have been a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the photo! And the frosting looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete